My favorite part of winter is being surrounded by my family and friends! The only downside of this time of year is the dreaded cold winter winds. This freezing weather makes me want to cuddle up and stay inside all day, however, I came up with some fun ideas that will brighten the season and make the cold a little more enjoyable. There are so many great things to do with friends and family around the holiday season, so I’m here to share some of my favorite activities with all of you!
- Decorate Gingerbread Houses– It’s a holiday tradition to decorate gingerbread houses with my friends or family each year! Get creative with your houses by plastering them with your favorite candy and delicious icing. The best part is eating the decorations as I go. I usually end up eating more candy than what ends up on my house, I can never resist!
- Watch Your Favorite Movies– Nothing beats cuddling up by a warm fire and watching movies this time of year. Plan a winter movie night with your friends and order in your favorite take-out, eat lots of cookies, and drink delicious hot chocolate. This is the perfect way to spend an evening in and stay out of the cold!
- Ice-Skating– Ice-skating is my ideal winter activity to be outside enjoying the chilly weather. Gather some of your friends, and go to the nearest skating rink to skate, warm up with a cup of hot coco, and joke around to make amazing memories. I can admit that I’m not a great skater, however, that doesn’t stop me from enjoying the time spent with my friends. Skating always ends up as a highlight of my entire year!
- Bake Cookies– Holiday time means cookie time; so bake your favorite cookies with your family and friends. They’re a perfect addition to any gathering and are even fun to make! I recently posted some of my favorite holiday recipes, so make sure you check them out and make some this winter. Links provided below!
- Spa Day– Treat yourself during the winter season to wash away your stress from your school or work year. Have a spa day by pampering yourself with manicures, pedicures, massages, and facials! Whether it means going to your favorite spa or having at home spa days, you will feel refreshed and ready to have the best winter season after just a little pampering. You definitely wont regret it! Check out my DIY Gingerbread Sugar Scrub recipe to add a little winter cheer into your pampering session.
I hope you all try out my five favorite winter activities! Gather your friends and family, and go enjoy the winter season. You’ll cherish these memories forever!